Sun RadiationSun radiation is continuously showering the earth. It plays a crucial role in the existence of life itself as it participates in all photo-chemical reactions, vital to all living organisms. Depending on its wavelength, sun radiation is distinguished in several types.
Why Sun Radiation is harmful?
In spite of its beneficial role, sun radiation is becoming very dangerous to humans due to its side effects. Those side effects vary according to the type of sun radiation, since each type penetrates into the skin to a different depth.
- UVC radiation is extremely toxic but luckily is fully contained within the ozone layer.
- UVB radiation is responsible for sunburns, which may range from light erythema to painful burn and blisters, and a variety of skin cancers.
- UVA radiation is responsible for:
– the photo-aging of the skin.
– the formation of free radicals, which cause premature aging.
– the interaction with collagen fibres, resulting into loss of elasticity and suppleness of the skin.
– DNA alterations and Langherhans cells’ destruction, which lead to various skin cancers, i.e melanoma.
Recent studies prove that UVA acts synergistically with UVB radiation for the formation of skin carcinomas.
- High Energy Visible (HEV) radiation, most importantly Blue Light radiation, penetrates the skin much deeper than both UVA and UVB radiation. It induces oxidative stress, weakens the epidermal barrier, enhances hyperpigmentation and damages the extracellular matrix, leading to accelerated skin aging.
- Infrared (IR) radiation or “thermal radiation”, also penetrates the skin much deeper than UVA or UVB radiation. It causes cutaneous aging, actinic elastosis and vasolidation. It enhances the damaging effects of UVA and UVB radiation.
The intensity of UVB radiation varies according to the geographical latitude, to the season of the year and to the time of the day. UVB radiation is found at its peak near the equator, in mid-summer, at mid-day. On the contrary, the intensity of UVA radiation is almost invariant of place, season and time. Therefore, protection from UVA radiation is required at all places throughout the year.
Electronic devices such as smartphones, tablets, computers, TV’s emit Blue Light radiation with considerable intensity (up to 80% of the intensity of a blue sky). Latest scientific data underlines the necessity of everyday use of products offering Blue Light protection, in order to minimize the skin damaging effects of such devices.
What is the superiority of COVERMARK RAYBLOCK sunscreens?
Our advanced know how on sun protection led to the most complete, safe and effective formulas of COVERMARK RAYBLOCK sunscreens, with the following features:
- They provide extra long incomparable protection (ranging from SPF 20 to 80) from the harmful sunrays. Moreover, they maintain protection for the whole day, with one application only! This revolutionary result is based on clinical studies performed with Rayblock Face SPF 40 and SPF 60, proving that 48% of the initial SPF value is maintained 8 hours after application.
- They incorporate natural filters, which are extremely safe and photostable (they reflect radiation instead of absorbing it), to secure incomparable sun protection throughout the year.
- They guarantee full spectrum protection (UVA/UVB/ΙR/HEVisible sunrays).
- They render additional benefits:
– They are hypoallergenic and 100% waterproof, even when swimming or sweating! Suitable for protecting all skin phototypes (from light, fair to dark skin). Parabens free.
The facial sunscreens additionally contain:
– Vitamin C, the most powerful factor against photo-aging.
– Avocadin, anti-inflammatory and anti-aging emollient.
The products with after sun care contain:
– Aloe Vera and Allantoin, Panthenol and Pentavitin, Reasun, Litchi Chinsensis Pericarp Extract, Cassia Angustifolia Seed Polysaccharide, Menthyl Ethylamido Oxalate, Ethyl Ferulate, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract, Phytosphingosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, ingredients which offer anti-inflammatory and soothing action, deep and long-lasting moisturization, cell protection and repair of skin damages.
COVERMARK Rayblock Face
Covermark Rayblock Face SPF 40, 60 and 80 are the ideal sea and city sunscreens, providing extra long sun protection with natural filters.
Enriched with Vitamin C and Avocadin, they prevent premature aging, regenerating and hydrating the skin.
Available in tinted & non-tinted creams!
COVERMARK Rayblock Face plus
Contemporary, extremely safe and effective formulas compose the most advanced range of sunscreens for the face, with unique features:
- Interchanging combinations of 7 photostable sunscreens secure high (SPF 30) and very high (SPF 50+) protection from the harmful UVA/UVB/IR/HEVisible sunrays.
- Impressively fortified protection from the most damaging UVA sunrays, ranging from almost 2 times higher (SPF 30) to 3 times higher (SPF 50+) values than those suggested as sufficient in the latest official recommendations!
- Absolutely unique 2-in-1 formulas, combining the effective sun protection with powerful ingredients that render spectacular after sun care benefits: reduction of oxidative stress, anti-aging action, prevention of skin blemishes, extreme hydration, anti-irritant action, soothing action.
- Presenting specific formulas addressing the special needs of each skin type, following sun exposure:
-Dry/sensitive skin, with boosted hydration power and anti-irritant action.
-Oily/acneic skin, with additional pore-tightening, astringent and sebum regulating action.
- Hypoallergenic, waterproof, paraben- free, sea and city sunscreens, suitable for all phototypes (from fair to dark skin), for everyday use, throughout the year.
- All COVERMARK Rayblock Face plus creams are presented in SPF 30 and SPF 50+ formulas and in tinted and non-tinted variations.
COVERMARK Rayblock Body plus
Contemporary, extremely safe and effective formulas compose the most advanced range of sunscreens for the body, with unique features:
- Interchanging combinations of 7 photostable sunscreens secure safe and effective protection from the harmful UVA/UVB sunrays.
- Impressively fortified protection from the most damaging UVA sunrays, up to 3 times higher values (Kids 50+) than those suggested as sufficient in the latest official recommendations!
- Absolutely unique 2-in-1 formulas, combining the effective sun protection with powerful ingredients that render spectacular after sun care benefits: reduction of oxidative stress, deep, long lasting hydration, anti-irritant action, soothing action.
- Presenting an array of formulas to comply with all consumers needs and preferences:
Covermark Rayblock Body plus Milk SPF 10, 20, 30, 50+
Covermark Rayblock Body plus Spray SPF 10, 20, 30, 50+
Covermark Rayblock Body plus Deep Tan Milk SPF 30, 50+
Revolutionary sunscreens, render up to 65% more intense tan in 11 days!
Covermark Rayblock Body plus Deep Tan Spray SPF 30, 50+ Revolutionary sunscreens, render up to 65% more intense tan in 11 days!
Covermark Rayblock Body plus Milk for Kids SPF 50+ Specific formula for reinforced protection of the delicate children’s skin.
- Hypoallergenic, waterproof, paraben-free, sea and city sunscreens, suitable for all phototypes (from fair to dark skin), for every day use, throughout the year.
COVERMARK Rayblock After sun Care
Covermark Rayblock Skin Repair provides a specialized care for the face, following prolonged exposure to UV radiation. An innovative cream-gel that offers an immediate cooling effect and relaxes stressed, tight skin. A valuable complex of 7 active ingredients drastically supports repair of UV-induced cell damage, which leads to skin inflammation and sunburn, and powerfully prevents premature aging. Strong re-hydration makes skin remarkably softer and elastic.
Use after outdoor sporting, sunbathing and solarium.
Covermark Rayblock After Sun is an innovative, multifunctional after sun cream-gel for the body, for the total treatment of sun induced damages of the skin. It provides deep and long-lasting moisturization, soothing and revitalizing action, leaving skin with a feeling of freshness and softness (Aloe Vera, Allantoin, Panthenol, Pentavitin, Reasun).